We will start by discussing feeding is going and your feeding goals. My advice will be in line with the latest evidence and we will devise a sustainable feeding plan together. I will always be non-judgemental and compassionate in my approach.
During the consultation I will
- Observe a breastfeed and provide you with a demonstration to help improve any problems with your positioning and latch.
- Discuss with you your baby’s nappy output, weight gain and other indicators that they are thriving.
- Visually assess your breasts and nipples for common breast and nipple conditions.
- If I suspect any problems with your breasts/ nippples/ your baby I will refer you to your general practitioner.
- Discuss evidenced based information around: pumping, hand expression or formula milk feeding if required.
- Discuss your mental health, wellbeing and help you with self-care.
- Devise an individualised sustainable feeding plan with you.
To help you get the most out of your appointment, write down any feeding queries/ concerns you have beforehand and we can discuss them in detail.
Following the consultation you will receive
- An individualised feeding plan.
- A package of relevant resources.
- Email support for 2 weeks.
- 20% off a follow up phone or virtual consultation.