Postnatal home visit
This session will take around 1 hour. I will start by discussing your feeding goals and will then use an evidenced based approach to help you achieve them. I will give you practical support and advice during the consultation. I will always be non-judgemental and compassionate in my approach.
During the consultation I will
- Observe a breastfeed and give you practical support to help improve any problems with your positioning and latch.
- Assess your baby’s nappy output, weight gain and other indicators that they are thriving.
- Assess your breasts and nipples for common breast and nipple conditions.
- Assess your baby for oral restrictions/tongue tie and refer if necessary.
- If I suspect any problems with your breasts/ nipples/ your baby I will refer you to your general practitioner.
- Discuss evidenced based advice around: pumping, hand expression or formula milk feeding if required.
- Discuss your mental health, wellbeing and help you with self-care.
- Devise a sustainable feeding plan with you.
I will always ask for consent before I touch you or your baby. If I need to look inside your baby’s mouth I will always use protective gloves.
Following the consultation you will receive
- An individualised feeding plan.
- A package of relevant resources.
- Email/Whatsapp support for 2 weeks (including photo/video footage).
- 20% off a follow up appointment.